Sunday Service (31st October 2021)
Ministering: Rev Ebenezer Olawuyi
Topic: Help Against Financial Embarrassment 3
Text: 2 Corinthians 9: 6-11
Wealth and riches are in his house. Find out a man who fears the Lord, who delights greatly in his commandments, wealth and riches are in his house. Psalm 102. Don’t forget the story of Abraham who said to the king of Sodom in Genesis 14:24. Have you gotten to that point that you can damn any consequence because of your integrity? Must you cut corners to make money? Must you bring others down to make money? If you do like that, then you are not serving the God that Abraham served. Proverbs 8: 18. Look at the correlation between riches and righteousness. 2 Samuel 18.
Today people throw away their principles because of popularity. They throw away their integrity because of things that will change with time. If you make up your mind to live right, God is committed to make you great. God is a maker but you must be committed. You must turn away from the world’s system. You must break away from it. Don’t sell your birth right because of money. Follow covenant obligations. If you forget anything, don’t forget giving. Matthew 6:2
Giving is a command and it is demanded. Luke 6:38 If you want to prosper, you have to follow that principle. God himself is a giver. John 3: 16. You can’t draw God’s covenant blessing without being a giver. Don’t be a dead sea Christian you must be a sea of Galilee Christian. As you are receiving, keep on giving. Haggai 2:8 When your mental condition changes your situation will change.
Everything in life begins with the way you think. Attitude is like a flat tire, until you change it, you go nowhere. Parents, if you want a future for your children, teach them to fear God. Teach them to seek God first. Proverbs 22:6 It is what you do, your children will do too. Show your children good examples. Teach them the ways of the Lord.
There is nothing like partial obedience. Partial obedience will not draw the blessing of God. You either complete it or you don’t do it at all. Malachi 3:10 Until you complete it, the glory can’t come. You are the one in need of God, God is not in need of you. It was the widow of Zarafat that was in need not Elijah, not Elijah in need of the widow of Zarafat. God could have provided for Elijah without her but, God wanted to change her situation that was why God sent Elijah there. There is only one person who is indispensable and that person is, God.
One of the ways to prove that you love God is to give to him. The Bible says, God loved the world he gave.
FACTORS OF GIVING
1. Give willingly. Not by compulsion. Not by intimidation. Not by cajoling. Not by pressure. Exodus 25:2
2. Give cheerfully. 2 Corinthians 9:7
3. Give bountifully. Everything you give does not go out of your hand but goes into your future. Even the earth responds to the law of sowing and reaping. One of the ways to override financial embarrassment is to be a giver.
4. Sow sacrificially. 2 Samuel 24:24, Psalm 50:5
5. Give timely. Luke 24:1, Matthew 26:6-12 You must always give timely. If God stirs you up to do something, do it.
6. Give proportionally.
7. Give sincerely. Don’t give pretentiously. An example is Ananias and Saphirah in the book of Acts.
8. Give lovingly. Love will propel you to give. Give because you love God. 1 Kings 3:3 If God opens your heart, your hand will be open.