THF SUNDAY SERVICE
1st of May, 2022
SERMON TITLE: Season of Supernatural Harvest
SERMON TEXT: Luke 5:1 – 9
PREACHER: Rev. Ebenezer Olawuyi
Over the night, I was asking the Lord what He would want me to tell His people and He woke me up from the dead of the night with a revelation of this Scripture (Luke 5:1 – 9), I was not reading this Bible but I had an experience of this Scripture live. I was in a place and saw some of you with me there at that time. I don’t know what happened but I saw myself fishing and that was a place where a lot of people could not get fish. I launched my net and as I brought it out, it was a harvest of fish and I kept pouring it down. It got to a point when I don’t want to leave that place again because it was too much that I felt I cannot stop it; the fishes were just too much. At that point I woke up and asked the Lord what He has for us. He told me this month is our Month of Supernatural Harvest.
Few days ago (I don’t know who this applies to), I was inside the church in my revelation and there was a Thanksgiving. Suddenly, somebody who I don’t know came in and dropped a key inside the basket, I held the basket asking what is this? It was a key, the key of a car. Hallelujah!God is going to bless someone this month, get set for a surprise. When you say Supernatural, it means there is going to be a divine intervention.
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when the reaper will be overtaken by the ploughman and the planter by the one treading grapes. New wine will drip from the mountains and flow from all the hills. Amos9:13 (NIV).
God confirms the words of His Servant and He brings to pass the counsel of His Messengers. I don’t come to you with the enticing words of the wisdom of men but with the power of the spirit to declare the counsel of God. Blessed is He who believes for there shall be aperformance of what God has spoken. Being persuaded that God is able to perform that which He has promised. Believe it, this is the word of God for you this month. I have not come to you here to make you happy or excited, I have not come to you to tell you what God has not told me, I have come to you to tell you the Mind of God but let the Word be mixed with faith in your heart that it will profit you. Believe it, keep this Word in your heart. Read Amos 9:13 again – this is God’s decree.
Who is it that saith a thing when the Lord has not commanded it? And when He commands it, who can stop Him? (Lam. 3:37) Who can limit God and say why did He do this? (Dan. 4:35) When He decides to say it, even Cyrus who is not His child, He used him. He said, “Cyrus is my shepherd and he will do my works”. God will turn men that you don’t even imagine, somebody that you cannot even understand, God will use them to bring His words to pass in your life. I believe in the Supernatural God.
Testimony: I spent a little time at the YEX Camp and went to a programme in Abuja. As we were in the programme, just before we rounded up, a woman came to me and said, “Sir, send me your account number.” That was all, I didn’t ask for money, I did not beg for food and my look that day was okay, so it was not as a result of the thought that this man was suffering. My wife was with me and she was looking fine also.The woman said specifically that I should send it to her on Wednesday, that day was a Monday. You know I don’t like to rush things, so I waited till evening on Wednesday before sending it. I didn’t get a reply and thought, “Maybe this person is not using this number again”. On Thursday, I resent the message and got no reply still. That Thursday, Mr. Awoyemi was in my office, we were discussing the structure of the building when an alert entered from an address I did not know, I was even thinking it was fraud. I showed Mr. Awoyemi and said that I wasn’t expecting that money from anyone. I also called my account officer to report myself, just in case, but she was not responding. We continued discussing. Not up to 5 minutes, my phone rang and the woman called saying she sent it with her company’s account and not with her personal account. We serve the supernatural God. Look at what the Scripture says, Believe this word this month and your Testimony will come fast. “…before one harvest finishes, another one is already on its way” (Amos 9:13).
Do you know that farmers now are planting, they are not harvesting. They have harvested around December and November, now it’s time for planting, but the Scripture says, you will still be harvesting till the time of planting. As you are planting, you are still harvesting. The harvest will be so much that sowing will meet the harvesting, “…on the heels of the other.” One Testimony is finishing but as you are going, you hear another. I command these words to find expression in your life and family, in the name of Jesus. This month, indeed the supernatural God will show up on your behalf. The door you cannot open naturally, the supernatural God will unlock it for you. Amen.
“…everything will be happening at once”, everywhere you look – blessings. When I turn – blessings. If I go to Akure, Zamfara, Lagos, Enugu – blessings. If I stay in Ilorin – blessings. Everywhere I turn to – blessings, that’s going to be your song.
There are laws of sowing and reaping. Here are few of them:
- The harvest is usually more than the seed sown. You sow one seed of maize, it will bring out two cobs and each cob containing about 500 seeds. So, it is not what you usually sow that comes out. The harvest is always greater.
- Understand that there is always a time to sow. Now, farmers know that this is the time to sow and people are clearing and planting.
- You can determine the quantity and the quality of what you are going to have. That means you have to sow good seeds, sow plenty, sow on good soil.
- There is a supernatural factor behind sowing and reaping, that’s why Paul said in 1 Corinthians 3:6 – 7, “Paul planted, Apollos watered, but it God who giveth the increase, so it is neither he who plants nor he who waters that is anything but God who gives the increase”. The supernatural part is very important and that is why the Scripture says it is a curse to wait up early and eat the bread of affliction, that is because that person has not recognized the supernatural factor. All he has time for is work, no time to pray, go to church, attend prayer meetings, etc. everything for him is business, he feels that his labour will bring riches. He forgets that there is a supernatural part and God needs to command His blessings on what is sown.
- Harvest comes by kind. What you sow is what you reap. You can’t sow mango and reap maize.
- You must understand that there are different types of seeds you can sow. There are spiritual seeds, physical seeds, etc. That’s why the Scripture says in Galatians 6:8 that he who sows in the flesh will reap of the flesh. Sow in righteousness and reap mercy (Hosea 10:12). You can sow seeds of prayer, love, forgiveness, evangelism (witnessing to people, touching the lives of people). I was in a burial programme and had a man minister, so powerful. He was sharing his own story before he met Christ and said He was terrible smoker who smoked marijuana throughout the day and he was a bad boy. If there was anything to call bad, he was bad, people know him as bad. Before he goes out in the morning, he will contact evil spirits, he had all sorts of charms that he was using but when he gave his life to Christ, it was a dramatic turnaround. He said what happened was that it was like the door of the host of hell was loose on him and they started attacking him because he gave his life to Christ, however there was one man who never left him and was always praying with him, called him, laid his hands on him and encouraged him to stand, today, this man is a great man of God. This man travelled down to the burial of the man who laboured in his life and it was an awesome time. He said, whatever he has become today, God used the dead man for him. He said he has ministered across all the continents of the world and that there is no part of this country he has not been tobut this man was the man who invested in his life. If you sow spiritually, in righteousness, you will reap righteousness. Sow into the souls of people, talk to people about Christ, that’s a seed. Spend time with someone, encourage someone, invite somebody to church to hear the word. Sow seeds.
- Lastly, harvest comes at different times but there is what is called the due season (Gal. 6:9). The Bible says concerning Isaac, “In that same year, he sowed and he reaped.” You remember the case of that woman in 1 Kings 17, that same day she gave the man of God her last meal, the miracle happened. God has His own season, the due season, but the fact is that you must not stop sowing.
About two weeks ago, I was in the house of my main father in the Lord when I discovered he was suffering from lack of water. He took me to his borehole and said it has a problem. My heart got touched and I felt to do something about it. Immediately, I took my phone – it’s an opportunity to sow – and called someone who repairs such, explained to him and asked him to come. We started it the next day or two days after. I invested so much, by the grace of God, into it and I tell you, when that one came in from Abuja, immediately I remembered.
Friends, this month is a month of Supernatural Harvest because God will command His blessings on that which you have sown genuinely and sincerely. You will have more than enough, before one runs out, another one will come in. I declare from this moment in the name of Jesus, the season of that supernatural harvest open for you and your family. Amen.
Are you here this morning and you want to give your life to Jesus, you want to sow your life to Jesus this morning, it will come out in larger folds. Say, my Father, forgive me today, I receive you as my Lord and Saviour, write my name in the book of life, make me your child. Thank you Father, in Jesus Name. Amen.