Text: 2 Samuel 12:1-5
Memory verse:
“For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.” ‭‭I Timothy‬ ‭6‬:‭10‬

One day, while I was at our animal farm, I decided I was going to feed them. Seeing how the cow was oppressing the goats, I decided to give them enough feed and also placed them at different points within the yard. Even though I made sure that the cow had more than enough portion, yet while still eating from its own point, it was moving from one point to the other to fight the goats, scaring them away and to eat all. What a greedy cow!
Interestingly, greed is not only found in the animal kingdom but among humans. Greed is slavery. It alters our sense of priorities in life. You see how David demonstrated this in our text today. Rather than taking one lamb from his large flock, this rich man took the only one that the poor man had! So, did David! God demands only 10% of all He has given and leaves 90% for our use. No partner asks for 10% share of profits yet our divine partner demands for such. He surely wouldn’t be wrong if He had demanded 90% because He gave life, wisdom and strength to work and even blessed your efforts. “And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, …” ‭‭(Deut‬ ‭8‬:‭18‬)
It’s share greediness to keep your 90% and still hold or take out of His 10%! Greediness to God gives the devil legal right to devour you (Mal 3:8; Hag 1:6). Greediness is like a bottomless pit; it cannot be satisfied. Even the 100% doesn’t satisfy the greedy heart, so he falls into temptation and many sorrows (1 Tim 6:10). God will meet all your needs but not all your greed.
Friends, faithfulness in tithing is a simple proof that you have overcome greed and have been insured against the temptation and sorrows that the love of money brings.

Prayer points
1. Father, deliver me from every form of greediness and unfaithfulness in tithing in Jesus name.
2. Father, help me to obey and trust you to meet all my needs as I give the tenth of all you have given me in Jesus name.

Today’s declarations
1. I have overcome greediness because I don’t struggle to give the tenth of all my earnings.
2. I am not a slave of greed because I seek after God and not after gold; I live by faith and not by works.

Contact: pastor@thf.org.ng